SHIPPING YOUR BOAT TO MADANG WITH CONSORT EXPRESS LINES
- Those members wishing to ship their boats should:
- Make contact with Ken Lennie (CEL Lae) Steve Tyson (CEL Port Moresby)Terry Fuery or CEL Lae office to advise on boat weights and dimensions.
- Visit consort office before shipping to complete the required paper work also advise ASAP which vessel you will be shipping your boat on.
- Make arrangements to deliver boats to the wharf prior to vessels arrival (suggest minimize time on wharf.)
- Members who do not have wharf passes should mention same to Consort so temporary passes can be issued.
- Ensure boats are on sound trailers with jockey wheels that can be retracted or removed. Would suggest boats are covered with a tarp.
- If lifting direct from water Owner is in attendance to have his boat along side when required by stevedores.
- Boat Cradles are to be of sound construction and be delivered to main wharf in ample time prior to vessel arrival.
- Take into consideration the possibility of theft while boats are on the wharf of any removable items.
- Make arrange to insure their boats.
- BOL claused “Shipped Unprotected” and “Shipped on Deck” with no responsibility or liability on the carrier re outturn condition. shipper should take out Marine Transit Insurance to cover loss / damage.
ABOUT MADANG: GENERAL TOURIST INFORMATION
HOW TO GET HERE
If flying in from overseas, you need to look for flights to Port Moresby and a connecting flight to Madang.
Start with Air Niugini:www.airniugini.com.pg
WHERE TO STAY
We recommend Madang Resort Hotel, sponsor of the 2013 GFAPNG National Titles
Madang Star International Hotel (1 min from Madang Club)
Madang Lodge Hotel and Apartments (5 min from Madang Club)
Coastwatcher's Hotel (1 min from Madang Club)
Jais Aben Resort (15-20 mins from Madang Club by road, 8-10mins by boat)
Hire cars are occasionally available through your hotel, but we recommend booking ahead. A reliable local taxi service is also available.